Life is full of peaks and valleys

One second - floating in the sky

The next second - hit rock bottom

Happiness - What does it mean?


Tuesday, August 10, 2010

TOYF - Benefits Plan

Someone reflected that I should do more on the earlier post on my application of TOYF's "Benefits Plan".

I am sorry that I missed out that part, only showing the applications but not the formula.

See that's what NLP terms it as the applying critical success factors for good work done in an unconscious level.

Now this person reminded me that I must show the conceptual thinking behind it which I would have forgotten.

Let me go through a little bit of history.

TOYF's main line of argument is based on logical reasoning with facts.

BENEFITS PLAN is the last plan out of a total of 6 plans listed on TOYF.

It is represented by a ring of arrows protruding outwards.

[Image]The line of reasoning is used to persuade and convince audience by illustrating the potential benefits from the audience's perspective.
Benefits are different from the features of the products. They are the points which the audience values a lot and finds out that by using the features of the product for instance, it make them more efficient and smart.
The structure of the argument is the commonly used sandwich method in which you package your persuasive points in the following order:
2nd most impressive point --> disadvantage --> Most impressive point.

Of course logic can be a double-edged sword.

People can rebutt your line of reasoning by using the REVERSE BENEFIT plan in which using the same structure outline the disadvantages to the audience.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope everyone gain a bit of knowledge on the use of such plan.

Again, this is my personal understanding and opinion of the concept.

Copyright infringement is definitely something I detest.

No comments: