Life is full of peaks and valleys

One second - floating in the sky

The next second - hit rock bottom

Happiness - What does it mean?


Sunday, April 24, 2011

Benefits of speed Reading

As a skilled speed reader, there are many benefits that come with it.
Here are some which I personally find it very relevant and useful.

1) Once you get used to the speed, it is HARD to slow down. It is so COOL when the brain reads so fast that once it is done, I feel a sense of satisfaction that I know the gist of the material without wasting time. If I SLOW down, I just feel restless and find it extremely difficult to continue reading.

2) The more materials I read within a limited period of time, the more conversation starters I accumulate. If anyone approach me or I happen to be at a social setting where I know nobody, I can strike up a conversation and maintain it because of the knowledge that I have. Knowledge is POWER!

3) I can know the gist of boring topics without getting bored by it as the speed of reading is fast and with purpose. In this way, things that are boring yet compulsory can be absorbed easily without being negative about reading it.

4) Speed reading also helps me to organise my thoughts faster. Now that I know the gist, I can reassemble the keywords and knowledge to support my opinions about it. I can formulate my opinions and thinking much faster.

5) Speed reading also helps me to efficiently work my way through my research materials. Tonnes and tonnes of information waiting for me to digest and form my research, now can be done within hours instead of days.

I wonder what is your opinion on speed reading. Do share with me. :P

No comments: