Life is full of peaks and valleys

One second - floating in the sky

The next second - hit rock bottom

Happiness - What does it mean?


Monday, April 25, 2011

Negative thoughts

In the quest of new goal, one often forgets about the rationale of moving forward and regress whenever one faces challenges.
The fear factor is definitely tremendous for some. It takes continuous practice to deflect those negative and energy draining thoughts like:

a) I am not good enough.

b) I do not think I can do it.

c) Others are much smarter than me so they can do it and I cant.

d) What if I fail?

e) What will I lose if I fail?

f) I do think I deserve to achieve what I have dreamt of.

g) How will the smart people view me when I do the things I want?

Then I chanced upon this Taiwanese idol drama called "The Fierce Wife" (“犀利人妻”)
There is this part of the dialogue where the mother encouraged the divorced, dejected and depressed daughter which I find it motivating.


Mother: 人生难免都有这种意外,不稀奇。
             例如有病就接受治疗。治疗不好,就坦然接受。
             我们没有办法把握人生当中所有的事情,当事情来临的时候,就只有简单的三个
             字--  
             不要怕。
             所以遇到事情的时候,不要怕,要勇敢一点

No comments: